Monday, January 27, 2014

Jesus grew like me!

Our pre-schoolers had fun yesterday in Sunday School. We are learning about how Jesus grew up (just like them) and read important lessons to learn about God (just like them). He even sometimes made people angry with him.
To add some movement to the lesson, our little ones got to take a walk around the inside of the church. They were asked to picture Jesus walking right alongside them. They could tell Jesus whatever they wanted. How wonderful to help these eager, young learners develop a personal relationship with Jesus!
Returning to the classroom, the children were asked to think about foods that perhaps Jesus ate when he was growing up. So, for snacktime we had flatbread, grapes, and Feta cheese. 
I knew the grapes would be a winner, but to my surprise, the flatbread and cheese were gobbled up, too! Of course I'll never know, but I wonder if the lesson and activities preceding snacktime influenced their willingness to try the new foods. Just a thought in case you have a picky eater at home!
My next post will have a snacktime prayer for this snack. So add flatbread, grapes, and Feta cheese to your grocery list and meet me back here on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment