Monday, February 24, 2014

The Beatitudes

The Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12) can be difficult to explain to very young children. And while we might read all of them to our littles, I think it's OK for preschool-aged children to focus on learning one or two. I have a printable to share with you today, that might help: 
I thought these two would be simple enough to focus some energy on teaching. Even young children understand the difference between happy and sad, and can recall times when they have felt these emotions. And I don't know about you, but in my house we are often working on more peace and less arguing (use your words!). While I believe this scripture is more "global" than siblings arguing over a toy or whose turn it is, we have to start small and work our way outward. 
After you print this page for each of your littles, just fold on the dotted line to create a "table tent" for the nightstand or coffee table. Then you will have an easy way to practice these scriptures together.

No comments:

Post a Comment